Monday, June 23, 2008

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Pirates of the Caribbean" on deck!!! Sorry, that was me being slow but on to the poem. What on earth was the point of this poem? I really just don't get it. I get that the Kraken is a mythical creature and Tennyson is talking about him sleeping and his surroundings and eventually being awaken by humans but that makes absolutely no sense to me. I really chose to blog on this particular poem because it comfused me so much and I'm really hoping someone can clue me in. It doesn't even seem to blend in with any of his other poems in my opinion.

2 comments:

Jonathan.Glance said...

Samantha,

Good poem to discuss, but you don't really seem to do anything with it. I understand that you were confused by it, but it would have been better to quote passages and speculate on possible meanings, rather than just saying it was baffling. Very superficial post, I am afraid, and not up to the level of your better work.

PYT said...

I think its funny that you thought of Pirates of the Caribbean as well. But I would have liked to hear what you think of how he discussed the Kraken's personality