Monday, June 23, 2008

World War I

All I have to say is WOW!!! "Vorticist Manifesto" was something serious to say the least. I first have to start off by saying that the way is was written is very interesting and unique. I guess it's only right to try and reestablish what art should be by taking a totally new approah on the way the verses are written. At first glance it is kind of hard to really grasp the flow of the manifesto because words are literally all over the page, there is no structure whatsoever. But once you get past the initial shock reading it is a interesting as well as entertaining.

Boy did they "blast" anything and everyone. I didn't think that it was humanly possible to dislike so many things about an institution and then to go as far as to list the horrors or other institutions that have absolutely no impact on your life. Then they shocked me again and listed all the great things that each institution had. I don't know if it's just me but they seemed a bit shallow when it came to listing all the "blessings" of France. Half of the things listed for France had to do with sex and women it seemed and that really made me laugh. I guess England and France never have and probably never will truly get along.

1 comment:

Jonathan.Glance said...

Samantha,

Once again, I enjoyed the energy of your response to this manifesto, but I also want you to talk more specifically about the text, and to quote and analyze specific passages.